Design Tech: Get aMAZEd
Today in the technology lab, Members designed their own mazes. By using the computer program PowerPoint and the AutoShapes tool, some pretty awesome mazes were made.
Here’s how you can design a maze at home:
1. Open up PowerPoint.
2. Select the Box Tool, then click and drag it to create a large box on the blank slide.
3. Choose one spot on the box to be the start, and another to be the finish.
4. Make two text boxes, write “Start” in one, and “Finish” in the other and position the appropriate box at the right point.
5. Next, use the line tool to draw lines and create obstacles between the start and finish points.
6. Double-check to make sure there is, in fact, a route to finish the maze.
7. When you’re finished, print out your maze and trade with another family member and complete each other’s creations.
The Boys & Girls Club of La Conner is excited to offer Club Tech programming for our Members ages 6-18 thanks to the generous support of the Swinomish Indian Tribal Community.